Antelope Season

I haven't been posting much lately.  Got a new job, helped a buddy pack an elk out from way back in, and finally got to do some hunting for myself.  I haven't been antelope hunting in several years so I was pretty glad that my buddy Jay and I drew antlerless tags for Utah.  It took us a while to find the antelope but we filled all four tags.   Some long shots, some close shots and lots of stalking and belly crawling through the desert.  I won't be going antelope hunting without my sitka pants with the knee pads ever again.  After putting them through the ringer this weekend I am super impressed.  Check 'em out at http://www.sitkagear.com/products/open-country/pants/mid-weight-pants/timberline-pant.




A well earned after hunt beer!


We've been processing meat for the last couple days but it is done and in the freezer.  I think we are both excited to try out our antelope bratwurst.  It was the first time either of us had made brats so we'll see how they turn out.  

Comments