I tie blood knots way better hammered...



There are trips I gotta do every year. One of them is heading out on a bass/bluegill expedition every spring.  Most of these trips have been with my buddy Jay and it is about fun as you can have fly fishing.


 As Jay says "if you aren't smiling when you are catching bluegill then something is just wrong with you."
You know for once Jay said something really intelligent...
Decided to try making some camp style bangers n' mash...crushed it!  Camp cooking is one of the best parts of trips like this.

We did well for both bass and bluegill.  Most of the bluegill we caught on rubber legged dragons and I had the best luck for bass on a purple jiggy bugger, a rust pirate hooker, or a purple bass killer.
Redneck boat dock.


We had one epic day of fishing.  The kind of day you get up super early, fish hard, head in for a break to fillet some fish, have a couple beers, realize you are kinda buzzed, and look at you watch which says its only eleven.  Then you grab a nap wake up to wind have a couple more beers, realize you are buzzed again, and make dinner.  Then you head out in the boat wail on fish and get buzzed for a third time in the same day.  It was out on the water that night that Jay said "man, I tie blood knots better when I'm hammered".   Well I don't know about that but it is sure a lot more fun.

Comments