Thunder Chickens


Turkey season started this year with much anticipation.  I was pretty much planning on dedicating my free time in May to finding some birds in Utah.  I've had good luck hunting turkeys in Idaho but never here in Utah.


One of the best parts of turkey hunting in the sunrises.  Turkey hunting at least for me is a morning gig and you need an early start.


Spent a lot of time in woods looking for birds.  Saw a bunch of elk the first couple times out but only a few birds.  One day I had several birds gobbling in close and I knew I had to get one more day in that area despite an upcoming fishing trip with my buddy Jay.  Fortunately it was easy to talk him into heading out for a morning.

 

It turned out to be a good decision and I harvested a jake.  It may not be a big ol' tom but he'll eat!
Just doing our part to keep the world safe from thunder chickens one bird at a time.






Comments