Covered in Schlappen

Sometimes you need a little inspiration to get back to doing the things you enjoy.  It is amazing how easily your time can slip away and you realize you didn't get out as much as you wanted to last year.  My inspiration right now is a BWCA fly fishing trip with my brother this fall.  Getting psyched to chase smallies and northerns and camp in one of the most beautiful spots on earth.


Tying pike flies means digging out the bucktail.

I

I imagine you could tie pike flies without flat waxed nylon but I wouldn't recommend it.


Tying flies in fleece pants always seems like a good idea........


Half and Half's in red/white and chartreuse/white tied on a little smaller hook than usual for pike so the smallmouth can enjoy too.  

I tell you it feels really good to be covered in schlappen right now!


Comments