Frosty Fingers

One of my new year's resolutions was to fish the Provo at least one time every month.  It seems like such a simple thing to accomplish making it to a river that is 45 minutes from my house but last year I probably only got 6 days on the Provo.  Today was the first time in January.  I hit the lower which is always colder than the middle cause it takes so long for the sun to hit the water.


Fishing was really good but mostly little guys.  This brown just happens to be my first trout on the fly in 2014.  I lost one good fish and caught maybe half a dozen in the 8-12 inch range.


I did get a couple on top which was fun and frustrating.  I had to sneak into position downstream of the risers in a back eddy and shoot a fair bit of line.  It is really hard to shoot any line when your guides look like this.


It turned out to be a super pretty day with the sun out by the time I left.  It was a good day to be out.  Bald eagles, brown trout, and I have the feeling back in my toes and fingers now.

Comments